Tuesday, December 17, 2013

He Gives and Takes Away

Yesterday and today have been beautiful, powerful, overwhelming, scary, amazing days. As we boarded our flight from Beijing to Guangzhou I decided I would listen to my music to try and avoid getting motion sick. Distraction always helps right? The song Blessed Be His Name played. I hadn't heard this song for quite awhile. The line in the song that really hit me was, "He gives and takes away." That is what the last days have been. Chloe has been taken away from all the smells, sights, securities, foods, and people she has ever know, and given to us.  Some may say how lucky she is to have the four of us watching her every move; actually I say we are the lucky ones because we have been saved, adopted into a forever family, and have this enormous opportunity to love another person and give her a home and family. More importantly we pray we lead her to her heavenly father where she will ALWAYS find security.

Today's the Day~

After our flight we found our guide Hellen.  She hurried us into a taxi, we rushed to the hotel to drop off our luggage and she gave us 15 minutes to grab Chloe's things, our documents, and other supplies for our "Gotcha Day".  Needless to say it looked as if our luggage exploded inside our room.  


After crying Chloe settled down and we shared a snack and book while Tom signed papers.  She traveled by bus 8 hours with her nanny   She had a very long day before meeting us at 3:00 p.m.  


I look better here than when I gave birth to Em and Nick.  If you would have seen me on the plane ride to China, you wouldn't have thought that though.  


 This is the second day of paper work for Chloe.  She is official our daughter now.  We went through a notary appointment and had an interview.  I guess we are acceptable parents~shew.


I am so proud of Em and Nick.  They have been amazing during the entire trip.  God has been so good to me. 


I believe that Emily summed our day up in such profound, succinct words…"Mom, being on the Great Wall was incredible, but this (the room where 10 children were meeting their forever families) was even more amazing." We witnessed something so much bigger than we can express.  No one had dry eyes nor will ever be the same again!  


8 comments:

  1. What a joyous day! And what a doll she is! Continued prayers for safety, health, and smooth adjustments for your whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gives me chills and tears-- God is good!! <3 (this is Deb, not Quinci lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you! What a beautiful little girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have dry eyes just reading this. What a blessing for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are so happy for you all! May we all look for ways to give as we have received.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy for you and your family! She is adorable. I'm so glad you posted pictures! Continued prayers for safe travel and adjustments for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I catch up on your blog with tears POURING down my face. I can't even imagine how awesome this experiene is Mindy! I have prayed for this sweet girl for so long and feel so blessed to follow your story and experience your joy with you. Thank you for blogging and keeping us updated. Continuing to pray for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Luv, luv, luv this.....God is so amazing! So grateful we had the chance to meet your family and share part of your journey. You were such a sweet family...and your three kids are beautiful! I hope you are all are settled back at home...nice n cozy!

    ReplyDelete